Bliss Champions Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to all Bliss Champions events
Why This Is Important
This code of conduct is designed to help ensure a safe environment for participants and attendees to share, learn, and build friendships. All participants of Bliss Champions events must abide by the following policies, which herein comprise the Bliss Champions Code of Conduct.
- Be kind and considerate.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws.
- Do not solicit business excessively.
- Do not harass anyone sexually, verbally, or otherwise. We take this very seriously. If you have been harassed, see below on how to contact one of our staff members, who are trained to help.
- Do not drink excessive amounts of alcohol, distribute alcohol to minors, and/or engage in illegal drug use.
- All participants and attendees at a Bliss Champions event, including participants’ and attendees’ guests, must be approved by Bliss Champions through advance registration and wear official wristbands designating proper registration.
- We reserve the right to remove participants and attendees who do not comply with the proper registration and security procedures or requirements of attendee conduct outlined within this Code of Conduct at any point during an event without a refund. Bliss Champions reserves the right to remove anyone who disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of an event.
- No participants or attendees may impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity.
- Participants and attendees may not aid an unauthorized person in gaining access to an event; this constitutes grounds for removal without refund.
- Participants and attendees must not defame, abuse, harass, harm, or threaten others, nor make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements.
- Participants and attendees may not advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Participants and attendees may not post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law, or post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images.
- Participants and attendees may not advertise to, sell to, or solicit others excessively.
- Participants and attendees may not hand out, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
- Without limitation of the foregoing, Bliss Champions may, in its sole and absolute discretion, remove any participant or attendee from an event, without explanation, either before or during an event, if such attendee engages in any unlawful, unauthorized, prohibited, improper, or unethical activities, or any other acts or omissions that Bliss Champions deems worthy of such person’s removal from an event.
It is of the utmost importance that Bliss Champions ensure a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We demand equal respect of all participants and attendees and do not tolerate harassment of staff, attendees, participants, guests, or speakers in any form.
Sexual harassment includes unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, such as unwelcome sexual advances or attention, requests for sexual favors, verbal, nonverbal, graphic and electronic communications that are of a sexual nature, displaying sexual images in public spaces, or inappropriate or unwanted physical conduct. Gender-based harassment is unwelcome conduct of a non-sexual nature based on an individual’s actual or perceived sex, including conduct based on gender identity, gender expression, and nonconformity with gender stereotypes that is sufficiently serious to adversely affect an individual’s participation in a Bliss Champions event. Sexual violence is an umbrella term that includes sexual assault, such as rape/attempted rape, criminal sexual acts, forcible touching, and sexual abuse. If of a sexual nature, stalking/cyberstalking and dating, domestic, and intimate partner violence may also constitute sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, or sexual violence. This policy covers, without limitation, the foregoing acts.
Be Kind To Others
Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave appropriately. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for any Bliss Champions event.
If a participant or attendee engages in harassing behavior and violates these rules, Bliss Champions retains the right in its sole discretion, to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event without refund. Other event organizers may also take action to redress anything designed with the intention of, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
Speak Up If You See Or Hear Something
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other Code of Conduct violations reduce the value of our events for everyone. We want you to be happy at our events. Those who speak up make our events a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously. You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging the on-duty counselor at 650-315-3053. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of each Bliss Champions event.
- Contacting a staff member, identified by STAFF badges, buttons, or shirts.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we assure you that we will handle the incident as respectfully as possible, and you are welcome to bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone, and we won't disclose your identity.
This policy prohibits retaliation against any person who reports sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, or sexual violence, or who assists someone making such a report, or who participates in any manner in an investigation or resolution of a sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, or sexual violence complaint.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, or local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Alcohol and Drug Use Policy
Bliss Champions event participants and attendees must abide by this alcohol and drug policy and are responsible for complying with federal, state, and local laws on the possession, use, and sale of alcohol and illicit drugs.
Any event participant or attendee who is under the age of 21 may not possess or consume alcoholic beverages under any circumstances. No event participant or attendee may distribute alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of 21 or to any person who cannot establish that he/she is not under the age of 21, nor may any event participant or attendee bring alcoholic beverages to any Bliss Champions event. In no case should anyone misrepresent one's age for the purpose of purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcohol.
No participant or attendee of a Bliss Champions event may use, ingest, be under the influence of, sell, possess, or distribute illegal or illicit drugs while at a Bliss Champions event.
Event participants and attendees will be held directly responsible for the destruction of personal or public property; the violation of the safety or rights of others; the violation of any federal, state, or local law; or the violation of any other Bliss Champions policy that may occur while they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
If any report of the prohibited actions or uses above proves true, the participant or attendee will be removed from the event immediately without refund. Bliss Champions reserves the right to notify the authorities if any participant or attendee violates these policies.
Bliss Champions disclaims any intention to assume duties to protect event participants and attendees from their own abuse of alcohol or other drugs, or to protect third parties from the conduct of event participants and attendees.
Last modified: July 1, 2018
Related digital documents